Our inspection services span both residential and commercial properties. Inspections can be beneficial to buyers, sellers, investors, and property managers alike. As a buyer, you will be informed of any issues or concerns with the property, therefore are able to purchase with confidence.
As a seller, you will have the ability to identify and address potential deal-breaking issues that a property may have before it is listed. For investors and property managers, our inspection services can help you in evaluating a property ensuring that you get the best value for it.
Speaking of value, check out some of the deals that we offer on our services!
Our services include inspections of…
- Evaluate condition of venting
- Inspect air conditioners
- Inspect overflow pan and drain
- Evaluate condition of condensation drain
- Check if filter is present and its condition
- Report on grounding
- Inspect electrical panel, service size, and presence of overcurrent protection
- Observe condition of electrical panel components
- Inspect the condition of visible wiring
- Evaluate existing ground fault circuit interrupters
- Check for presence of aluminum branch wiring
- Evaluate receptacle polarity
- Evaluate grading in proximity to structure
- Note areas where siding is improperly in contact with grade
- Report on visible damage to house caused by trees and shrubs
- Inspect condition of retaining walls adjacent to house
- Report on signs of soil erosions
- Observe drainage around house
- Inspect condition of stoops and stairs
- Report on visible leaks
- Inspect water heater and presence of temperature pressure relief valve
- Inspect supply line and main shut-off
- Check for proper venting
- Operate outdoor hose bibs
- Check traps for leaks, improper venting, and corrosion
- Inspect visible supply, drain, and waste components
- Evaluate function flow and drainage
- Report on substandard repairs
- Report missing or damaged shingles and signs of wear
- Inspect conditions of the flashings, valleys, skylights, vents, and roof penetrations
- Report on overall structural conditions of visible framing components
- Evaluate attic ventilation
- Inspect eaves, overhangs and soffits
- Report on overall condition of windows and doors
- Inspect condition of exterior caulking, protective paints, stains, and sealants
- Inspect condition of weather stripping
- Inspect locking mechanisms for proper operations
- Report on the presence of any exterior insulated finishing systems (EIFS)
- Report on material and overall condition of exterior surfaces
- Inspect condition of framing and sructure and report any visible defects
- Check floors for severe settlement
- Inspect all exposed materials
- Inspect exposed areas of slab or floor for signs of visible water infiltration
- Inspect any accessible crawl space or basement for visible signs of moisture
- Report condition of mortar joints for visible cracking or deteriation
To ensure a thorough inspection of your property, Building Specs Hawaii, LLC offers mold inspection and infrared imaging. With these processes our inspectors can identify problems or issues with a property that can not be detected with the human eye.
Mold inspections are needed when excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors. This is when mold growth will commonly occur. There are different types of molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and food. Some molds have potentially harmful health consequences to individuals exposed to it.
Surface sampling and air sampling may be performed. Sampling is performed to the standards of the Indoor Environmental Standards Organization.
In the inspection, mold sampling is conducted which is the collection of air and surface samples which are then analyzed at a certified lab. This process can help identify if there are hidden areas in the home where mold may exist. Also included in the inspection is a visual evaluation of areas that are prone to moisture infiltration and mold growth such as attic spaces, around plumbing related appliances (i.e. refrigerators, dishwashers, clothes washers, etc.) , and roofs.
Infrared imaging gives us the ability to see temperature variations not visible to the human eye. Temperature variations could mean a number of things such as moisture damage, missing insulation, electrical system issues, or outside air infiltration. These are among the numerous other property concerns and issues that could be identified through infrared imaging. Let us help you identify problems beforehand so you can buy or sell with confidence.
If you have any questions regarding our services or would like to get a quote, feel free to contact us via e-mail, phone at 808.306.9664, or by fax at 808.263.7707.